Monday, November 8, 2010

It's been sometime since I last wrote on my blog.  Over a week in fact!!  Where have the days gone?

This afternoon four children from the same family joined us.  There are 5 month old twins, and three and four year old girls.  Their mother died about a month ago and their elderly father is unemployed and unable to care for the children.  All the children look healthy and well looked after.  There is also a five year old boy but I believe he is staying with his maternal grandparents.  I can't even begin to imagine how hard it must be for the father of these children to have to hand them over, particularly after losing his wife so recently.

Little Lisa whose photo I posted recently is doing much better.  She was a very unhappy little girl for a long time but seems to have come to terms with the fact that she has to stay with us until she well.  Now she is smiling and much happier.

We were supposed to fast as an organisation last week but so many of my staff, including myself ,were hit hard by a terrible flu that has been going around Bulawayo so we decided to delay the fast until this week hoping that everyone would be feeling much better. If anyone would like to join us in our fast for the Hotel Rio please feel free to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment