Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Sandra Jones Children's Village

Hello everyone, I think it’s about time I gave blogging a try. One has to keep up with the times!!! Besides I need advice!! As many of you know YFC has a children’s centre accommodating more than 80 kids. Most of our children are abuse victims and many are HIV positive.
Currently all the children are staying at our camp site. It’s fine for the time being but certainly not suitable in the long term. About two years ago we found what we believed was the perfect property for our centre. It could accommodate more than one hundred children, it has a huge dining room and kitchen, beautiful grounds and it needs no renovation. Having said all that, at the time, it was not up for sale.
We then heard of another property, and whilst it was suitable, it was not as perfect as the first one. We were originally told that there was a strong possibility that we could rent this building. After two years of phones calls, visits and empty promises we were told last week that we could NOT have the property after all. I was devastated. However within minutes we then heard that the first property, the one we originally wanted was now up for sale. Is God trying to tell us something?
I have enquired about the price of purchasing this property and should hear later this week. I do know that it will be at least one million dollars. It’s worth that!!
So we have decided to establish the “One in a million” campaign and are looking for one million people to give one dollar. Can we do it? Never! Can God do it? Of course He can!. We already have three dollars. We only started the campaign half an hour ago! So now we just need $999,997.
If you would like to be involved, and I know you will, then just e-mail me and I will send you a “One in a Million” sheet and you can get started collecting one dollar from all your friends. Get each person who gives to sign their name in one of the boxes on the sheet. Once the sheet is full you then bank the money and mark the transaction “ New SJCV Centre"
I will keep you updated, through this blog, on our progress.
Let’s make this happen. I believe God can do it! Do you?

No comments:

Post a Comment