Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Today I am feeling really down.  For the first time we have had to turn children away.  We just don't have any more room!! This is something I never wanted to do but we have no choice now. 

 We are still fighting for St Joseph's and at the same time trying to raise the money for the Hotel Rio.  The owners of the hotel have finally given me the amount they want....Option 1 - $800,000-$200,000 deposit and then $600,000 by October 31st.  Option 2 - $1,000,000- $400,000 deposit and then $150,000 every six months for two years OR Option 3 - $1,200,000 - $400,000 deposit and then $167,000 every six months for the next three years.   Once the deposit is paid we could move in!!!!

We are considering renting until we can buy the Hotel but finding a big enough property is difficult and expecting people to rent their property to a children's home is even more difficult.  Se we continue to wait on the Lord trusting that He knows what's best for us.

On a positive note we have finally been giving permission to take 6 year old Tafara...the little boy I spoke about in a previous post. Thank goodness we have finally been able to get this little boy away that home. He will stay in town with us until has has his medical examination and then move out to the village.  He is a sweet little boy.  Let's pray he settles in well and is happy in his new home.

1 comment:

  1. Deb,
    My heart aches with yours. I would that no child would be turned away. What is appealing about Rio over any other property?